Thursday, September 9, 2010

Escuela

I think I have finally settled back into the school routine. I don't feel like 2 years is a lifetime anymore. I am DEFINITELY ready to be done with general ed though. Learning about the scientific method, natural selection, and evolution for the millionth time in dumbed down terms is not my idea of a good time.

So last weekend my parents and Alex came up for my Dad's 61st birthday and Evan's parents came up for Blues by the Bay. We all went out to dinner at the Waterfront in Eureka (a very expensive restaurant but for some reason it was the only open on we could find in Old Town Eureka) and I was so nervous before, but of course it turned out perfectly fine. The conversation went smoothly and everybody got along quite well. And I had some delicious sushi. My dad even paid for the bill without flinching (visibly). We went on a hike and went to the beach a couple times, which was quite nice and the weather was very beautiful. I am glad that the first meeting is out of the way. There might be another potential meeting in November when Shasta College mens soccer team plays College of the Redwoods over here. It would be nice if our parents were able to get used to seeing each other a couple times a year or something.

Speaking of November, Evan and I's 3 year anniversary is coming up around Thanksgiving. It's so crazy to think that we have been together that long but at the same time it feels like I have always been with him. I can't even fathom life without him. I just can't believe that I found someone this perfect for me who is also my best friend.

Enough with the mushy stuff. I joined a futsal league yesterday and I totally love it! Futsal is a Portuguese version of indoor soccer. The main difference is that the ball is smaller and heavier and you don't play off the walls. It took a little getting used to, but when I got the hang of it I totally kicked some ass! I love how fast paced it is! I scored like 4-5 goals last night, which felt really good. I was even pulling some moves and some truly sweet passes. I am really excited for games to start next week. I bought some new indoor shoes today (yay for having small feet so I can buy kids shoes and pay less). Unfortunately my shinguards are in Redding so I need to have my dad send me them.

I love blackberries. It is blackberry season up in Humboldt right now I need to stock up on the most delicious free, local, and organic food available. If I do it right I can usually be eating frozen blackberries well into the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment