Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lazy Days

Oh man was today a lazy day. I did not go to school and pretty stayed in a sport bra, t shirt, and sweats all day. I also slept for 9 hours. Glorious. Usually on Wednesdays I go to school even though I don't have class and am very productive doing things like studying spanish and going to the gym and whatnot. But not today. I am going on a walk with Jordan later, so I guess that's something. I watched a sad but beautiful movie about 2 gay criminals in Argentina in Spanish. I will consider that, along with reading CNN México studying spanish.

I found a Día de los Muertos picture that I really like:



They had 12 different "La Catrinas", which are basically the artistic representations of a woman's skeleton, that were made out of different materials and were made to represent different things. This one obviously represents the importance of recycling and reducing the amount of waste we create to help keep the planet beautiful.

It's interesting how a skeleton is beautiful and funny in la cultura de México, but here they are scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment