Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lars and the Real Girl

This is a must-see movie. Definitely one of my favorites. Oh, what the world could be like if we embraced peoples differences and cared about each other unconditionally. I think it would be pretty amazing the things that would happen.

Prop 19 did not pass. No legal marijuana. There are good and bad things that go along with that. Humboldt, Trinity, and Mendocino will maintain their economies and not turn into ghost towns, but no money from taxing pot and no hemp :(

Today was Día de los Muertos. We had una fiesta en mi clase de español and everybody brought delicious home-made Tres Leches y Pan de Muerto. I was lame and brought store-bought cookies. I want to try and learn how to make Tres Leches cake because it was so delicious! I thought a lot about my cousin, who just had her 9 lbs 4 oz baby boy Beck, and her mom, my aunt Carolyn, who died almost 5 and a half years ago from pancreatic cancer. For her "funeral" everybody wore bright colors and leis made out of plumerias, her favorite flowers and the flower that my tattoo is based off of, drank lots of alcohol, and tried to remember her the best we could. That is what Día de los Muertos is all about it remembering the dead and rejoicing in the fact that we got to know and love the person. I love the idea of embracing death and just realizing that it is a part of life that has to be accepted and even cherished, because without death, new life would not be able to start.

I had a good Halloween. Evan and I dressed as convicts. I was also kinda Lindsay Lohan lol. Evan and Garrett got in lots of climbing-the-William-McKinley-statue-time in the plaza.



No comments:

Post a Comment