Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Shiitakes on Rice Noodles....Mmmm

So here are a few pictures of the things Evan and I have been making with our shiitakes!


We had a bit of a scare right before spring break when Evan cut all the mushrooms off the logs and then no more were growing back in. Now that we are back from Redding and Tahoe, we soaked them in the shower and they are starting to grow again!

I had a really good time in Redding, cross country skiing and just hanging with the family. It looks like I might be living in Redding for the summer if none of the jobs I have applied for pan out. Now that my parents are back together they want to fix up my dad's house (the house I grew up in) and use it as a rental. It needs to be worked on a lot so that is where Evan and I come into play! It would be so freaking sweet if Evan and I could live in a house instead of a tiny little apartment! And I could have a full sized garden! Not to mention kayaking on Whiskeytown all the time, playing indoor soccer out at Big League Dreams, and going camping a bunch. So far I have been turned down for 2 out of the 7 jobs I have applied for and I am still really hopeful I get something because I need experience!!! But I like the sound of this backup plan. I haven't lived in Redding since I went away to school and now that my family is actually really a family again I think it would be a great experience. Also, if I get the teaching assistant position in Spain, then I most likely won't see my family for 8 months. I should be finding out about that pretty soon!

Random side note, having a freshly cleaned apartment is very nice. I like being able to lay on the carpet and know that there are NOT little crumbs everywhere.

Tomorrow is St. Patricks Day, the day of car bombs (and green gin and tonics mmmm...) and a green cake that Evan and I are going to make.

I love Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment