Friday, October 28, 2011

Crema de Cacahuete

I finally broke down and bought some peanut butter when I found it in the store. My friend Lisa has been making pb and j's on rice cakes and they are delicious! Peanut butter (crema de cachuete) is somewhat hard to find here in Mallorca but there are tons of different kinds of Nutella, so it is kinda funny.

Here is the local tangerine and lemon jam I bought. The label is written in Catalan like everything Mallorquin here.


Mmm...que rico....These aren't rice cakes, they are tortitas de maiz (corn cakes!)

I am excited because I have Monday and Tuesday off this coming week! That means I only have to work for 4 hours next week! And hopefully I will get paid then! Halloween is on Monday, and it is definitely not as big of a thing here as in the States but we will probably get dressed up and go out for drinks or something.

I can't believe that we have been here for almost a month. The weather is still pretty nice, it is raining today but not super hard. It is quite warm too. Everyone has been worrying about having a heater in the winter but I feel like it isn't going to get nearly as cold as it does in Humboldt so I think we should be fine without it. Not that the circuit breaker in our apartment could handle it anyways, lol.

Have to go! Going out for a night on the town!

No comments:

Post a Comment