Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Que Exciting! Que Sexy!

Yesterday was Halloween! We didn't really see many kids trick-or-treating but the young people that like to party seem to think that this is a pretty awesome holiday. The majority of people that were dressed up were very gruesome. Lots of zombies, dead brides, and dead surgeons. It was a nice change to see less skimpy outfits from girls than we usually see in the USA.

We got all dressed up and ate tapas at Lyda's house (pictures to come later or just check out facebook) with Brigette, Jason, Scott, Lisa, Lyda, Ewa, me and Evan. Evan was Justin Timberlake in the hilarious "Dick in a Box" music video from Lonely Island. I don't know what I was...just a person in a dress and wig with lots of fabulous makeup.

We went to this raging house party where there were almost all of the auxiliares that we have met so far this first month. I wound up talking to this hilarious Brazilian guy dressed as a woman that kept telling Ewa and I that we were not nearly as sexy or exciting as he was. So funny! Then we were joined by 2 Russian guys. It was a very multinational crowd with people from the US, Canada, Russia, Polland, Brasil, Argentina, Spain (por supuesto), and Italy.

Then we went back to our apartment so I could change out of my heels and we could all scarf the rest of the pesto pasta from a couple days ago. This was around 2:30 in the morning.

Then too the Night Bus. I was asking Lisa about it and she said "Oh yeah, el bus de nit" and I was thinking what the hell is she talking about?! Wouldn't it be el bus de noche? But of course the bus de nit arrives and picks us up along with 20 other Spanish kids. The bus ride was absolutely ridiculous! People were asking to take pictures with Evan and kept tapping on his box and calling him "El Paquetón" , basically the Big Package lol. When we first got on the bus we noticed a security guard and were wondering what that was all about. The reason became apparent when everybody started singing the Oh-ley oh-ley fútbol song and the most popular White Stripes song Seven Nation Army. Oh yeah and swinging from the bars and jumping up and down and clapping and standing on the seats. It was amazing! And super fun!

We finally got to the strip with all the clubs and got in some quality dancing and people watching. Or should I say zombie watching.

We decided to crash at Lyda's because it was wayy closer than our apartment. After some 5 am pasta we finally made it to bed somewhere around 5:30 in the morning. Yay Halloween.

On a completely different note, I found out today that I have a really good chance of becoming a dual citizen of Italy, thus making it really easy for me and Evan (because he would become a citizen too because he is my hubby after all). Because my mom and grandparents were citizens of Italy it should be pretty simple. That is, if they didn't denounce their citizenship when they came over to the US. Unfortunately I feel like there is a good chance they did because it makes you a citizen of the US easier and faster. Vamos a ver.

No comments:

Post a Comment