Friday, March 16, 2012

I Over Did It

I went on a hike with the 3rd and 4th grade class on Wednesday to Valldemossa and we were gone all day. It was really fun! I had a great time with one of the English teachers I work with, Marga, the director, Tomeu, and the 4th grade teacher, Tomeu. It was a beautiful day and we were able to see Cabrera from up at the top, which I have never been able to see before!

So I was on my feet all day but decided I needed to go for a run anyways to stay on my schedule of 3 runs a week, every other day. Tomeu (teacher) brought some delicious coffee, which we enjoyed at lunch and was a very welcome pick-me-up. Because I am so sensitive to caffeine, I felt great during the run and pushed myself harder than I have before here and ran around 6 miles. Which is what I will be doing on Sunday in the 10K.

It is great to know that I have it in me to run that far but that was a bad day to test myself because now my left foot is hurting. I have foot problems so it is not that big of a deal but it hasn't hurt in a while. I think I should be fine by Sunday and have learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment