Friday, August 27, 2010

And it has begun again...

The first week of school is over and I successfully crashed the class I needed so I am taking 16 units. I am basically moved into Jordan and Garrett's place minus some clothes that I forgot to bring and other things. The weather has been gorgeous this week, which is quite surprising for Humboldt. I have gotten the hang of taking the bus to and from McKinleyville to school everyday. I am totally loving my soccer class; the level of play is perfect for me and there are a lot more girls than there were the last time I played. Besides the fact I have 10 minutes to change and get to class afterwards it is awesome! So far my classes seem pretty cool; Spanish Composition is going to be pretty hard but I think I can manage. Love seeing my botany friends almost everyday in Microfungi and Forest Pathology. My 2 general ed classes are going to be pretty easy and one is online! Hooray! Evan left for Laytonville yesterday to go back to work after helping me settle in here and it totally sucks not seeing him! He is coming up here next Friday because (I'm totally freaking out about this) his parents are coming up for Blues by the Bay and my parents and Alex (parents are still happily dating remarkably) are coming over to visit for my dad's 61st birthday (old!) and we are all going out to dinner together!!!! My dad has met Evan's parents but not my mom or Alex. I know it will be fine but I am totally nervous! They are like wayyy opposite from my parents. Bleh.

Anways... I picked up the first week of our farmshare today and got so much good stuff! Strawberries, tomatoes, zucchini, broccoli, lettuce, potatoes, carrots, basil and cilantro! Not to mention some beautiful flowers! Yay for local, organic food!

I have been applying for a bunch of jobs so hopefully I get one that is temporary so I can actually do things over winter break.

Another exciting thing is that I have potentially found some clients (the woman that I go to to get waxed and her boyfriend) for Evan to make websites for once he moves up here after the construction season is over. It would be totally awesome if he could establish a successful website design business up here.

Oh yeah, I also signed up for a futsal league, which should be really fun and plays right here in McKinleyville! For anybody who doesn't know (so probably most lol) Mckinleyville is 7 miles north of Arcata, which is where the school is, so I can't walk to school anymore :(.

Overall it is nice to be back in school and see friends again!

No comments:

Post a Comment