Sunday, October 31, 2010

Today is Halloween!

I don't really have a costume. I'm just going to wear my wig and go out to the plaza and do some bar hopping! Maybe I will actually get some pictures on my computer that are not mushrooms. Before that I am going to the plaza to see my friend Richelle take little baby Emily out for her first Halloween! I'm not sure if she is dressing her up but that's ok because she is adorable and Evan hasn't even met her yet.

There is a biology art show that the biology department is putting on at the end of November and I am thinking about drawing something to enter into it. It would probably be a drawing of one of my pictures of mushrooms. I just need to figure out which one to do. Now that I only have school 2 days a week, I have a lot more time to do fun stuff like this. Here are some potential pictures:





The spring semester schedule came out and it looks like I am going to be bogged down 5 days a week with: Genetics, Bacteriology, Lichens and Bryophytes, and Intro to Analysis of Hispanic Literature. Why do all the classes I take have to be four units and full of labs???

My mom, dad, and brother are coming to visit next weekend because the Shasta College mens soccer team if playing against College of the Redwoods, which is the local junior college over here in Humboldt. Alex said that they have played them before and lost so hopefully this time it will go better!

The rains are starting here, which is ok by me! It's about time it started raining. Now that I take the bus to school I don't have to do that much walking outside, thus I will be less wet! And that means that more mushrooms will be popping up all over the place in the forests!

Evan's construction job is winding down now that the rainy season is started and I am so excited to see him more and move into our new apartment on November 23th! Unfortunately this is the day after we get back from DC and we are going to be super tired but that is ok. He is hoping to start up his web design business up here in Humboldt so if anybody needs a website let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment