Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1st Day of School

Today was the first day of classes of the spring semester. All I had today was Lichens and Bryophytes, which looks like it is going to be a very interesting and exciting class. It is also a nice day without any rain and Evan and I are going to go attempt to play tennis in Arcata.

So far I have applied for one Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU's) in Costa Rica for this summer. I have also applied for a teaching assistant position in España that lasts 8 months. I REALLY want to get the job in Spain because Evan could be with me, but am nervous about the Costa Rica REU because I probably wouldn't see him for 2 months and that would suck. Also, I suck because I am too attached. But it's ok because Evan is amazing. But so is Costa Rica....and 2 months is not that long if you really think about it. Costa Rica looks like this:


I am applying for REU's in Puerto Rico, Kansas, and Alaska as well. All of the ones I am applying for last for 8-10 weeks and you receive a $4000 stipend at the end along with free room and board. A pretty sweet deal if I do say so myself.

I am suffering from senioritis. I am very tired of school and I feel like just graduating in the fall. That is, if I don't go to Spain and have to take a year off. Which, would probably make me feel better about going to school after a nice long break.

Oh yeah, and my spanish minor is really causing some problems because I CAN'T TAKE ANY SPANISH CLASSES!!! due to scheduling conflicts. Lame.

I should stop complaining and look forward to an easy semester of 12 units. Because I can't take anymore classes than that due to scheduling conflicts. Story of my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment