Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back to the Grind

The weather here in Humboldt has really been freaking me out lately. I mean, it is the end of January and it has been sunny almost everyday for 2 weeks. And this nice weather is supposed to continue. Crazy. I absolutely love it but at the same time I know its bad for the plants in the area. All the trees are starting to flower and most likely their poor little flowers will get frozen off at some point and then they can't fruit. Climate change, check.

School is really busy as usual but this semester I have class for 7 hours straight (no breaks) for 4 out of the 5 days I'm at school. Yes, the days go by really quickly, but, I finish them feeling exhausted and not looking forward to going home and doing more homework. Genetics, Comparative Anatomy of Vertebrates, Plant Tissue Culture Lab, and Lichens and Bryophytes. That is a schedule of someone who needs to graduate soon, lol. I'm really bummed that I can't take any Spanish classes this semester so I try and squeeze reading some news articles in Spanish and a Spanish movie here and there so I don't completely lose my language skills.

On the plus side, I am happy, healthy, and don't have a job so that gives me a little bit more time to spend with Evan, my friends, and this little cutie named Emily (my friend's baby):


On a completely different note, I am thinking about cutting all my hair off and donating it at the end of the semester. I'm considering these 2 lengths, and of course I like the longer one, but I feel like it's time for a bit of a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment