Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dr. Simmons, Lichenologist/Mycologist?

Who knows when I will graduate but.....

What will I do AFTER I graduate???

Right now Evan and I are both looking at grad schools that have majors that we both want. He is thinking about business or environmental engineering (I'm hoping he goes for the environmental engineering myself). I am thinking about mycology and am LOVING my lichens and bryophytes class right now and that is definitely something I would want to pursue further. Just look how cool lichens are:

So cool right? Yes I am a botany nerd I know. Basically I would really like to get my PhD one day and teach and get to do research in amazingly beautiful, diverse places. To be able to make a positive impact on the earth by learning about the flora and people of the world is what I want to do. The only thing I worry about is whether I have to choose between that life and having a social life where I can spend time with my family and friends and not be completely stressed out all the time.

I guess time will tell!

Now I am just waiting to see if I have gotten into the Spain program and all the other botany programs I applied to in Alaska, Puerto Rico, Kansas, and Costa Rica!

Also, I miss having a Spanish class : ( I really need to make more time to practice my Spanish so I don't get too rusty. Even though my spanish advisor said my spanish had improved a lot when I met with her last week : D

No comments:

Post a Comment