Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lonesome

So Alex just left for school and my parents don't get off work for 5 and 1/2 hours...what is there to do?! Truthfully, there is plenty I can do but I have very little motivation. I never really thought of myself as an extremely social person, but when I am in Redding, where I have no friends, I get so bored and lonely and the days go by so slowly. I look forward to my parents getting off work (weird) and to Alex getting home. I have no friends here because all my high school friends moved away and I'm not around enough to really make any new ones. I miss being in McKinleyville where my best friends were a quick 10 minute bike/bus ride away. Or even being in school where I got to see my friends and classmates everyday. And of course Evan isn't here and the fact that I only saw him once for less than 24 hours in the last 2 weeks doesn't really help. It must be bad if I miss school.

Evan and I might have the opportunity to live in a big house with 1 or 2 other couples in Mallorca and I get so excited at the thought! Because I am going to be across the world from the people that have been in my life for the last 22 years I want to make sure that I don't feel isolated and lonely for 8 months. I want to make new friends and have a fun social life. It would be great to have a kind of "family" over there. Yes, I have loved living with just Evan and having our privacy and that would much less if we lived in a house. But, providing that we all get along, the payoffs of having a feeling of family-away-from-family would make me feel so great. Evan is much better at being by himself if he has his best friend the Internet at his side. I get bored with the Internet, which I know is really weird, but I do! I need people! He also didn't grow up with a sibling constantly pestering him. Without that pestering I feel alone. Which is why I am happy I'm living with my brother even though he smells bad, is dirty, and never picks up after himself.

We will figure something out and now I need to get motivated and be productive to get ready for the party in 5 days and my dad's birthday in 4! The awesome thing about having my dad's birthday the day before my wedding reception is A. There will be people there ready to party B. Copious amounts of food and alcohol and C. Ummm I think the first 2 pretty much covered it haha.

Here are some pictures of an exquisite house in Mallorca that we could afford to rent if we lived with several other people....drools.....

Yes, that is the Mediterranean Sea in the background....Now who wants to come and visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment