Saturday, November 5, 2011

La Sifonería

Another eventful night at La Sifoneria! We went there with a bunch of friends and wound up staying for several hours until Juan Carlos (the owner) decided to shut down so we could go grab some burgers. La Sifoneria is amazing for many reasons: dirt cheap wine that is really good, awesome people, and a great atmosphere. Evan and I spent 10E on drinks but we probably had about 10 drinks between us. While there we met an interesting woman from Texas, who apparently wants to hang out with us all the time now, and a Spanish guy and I ended up talking to this Italian guy for a long time.

It was really cool talking to the Italian guy because I told him all about my family that came over to the US from Italy and how they (we) grow their own vegetables just like back in Italy. And how my grandpa made his own wine in the backyard. It was great because he was all into organic agriculture and had seen/read a lot of the same things I have seen/read like Food Inc. It made me really excited to go to Italy and now I really want to take an Italian class! If I end up becoming an Italian citizen it would come in really handy! We were speaking in Spanish but it was cute because you could totally hear his Italian accent.

Juan Carlos is totally in love with our friend Italis and it is so cute!
Evan and I in La Sifoneria.

We went to this bar after La Sifoneria and before the burger place and they had this amazing drink that was gin with lemon...SO GOOD! Also, really good because we got our drinks paid for by some Spanish guy we were hanging out with. The gin they used is made in Menorca. They are definitely speaking my language with local gin.

Feeling good after ginebra con limón!

After this we attempted to fit 13 people into 2 taxis and after I got in and sat on Evan's lap the cab driver looked at me like I was crazy so I got out and hopped in a cab with Italis and Juan Carlos. Juan Carlos ended up paying for the cab which was super nice. Of course 2/3 cabs made it to the burger place and my husband was in the one that didn't make it so we had this long drawn out experience of trying to figure out where the other person was via cell phone (Evan using Scott's phone because we only have one). They ended up being really close but only Evan came to the burger place because Emily, Scott, and Helen decided to go home. We got our burgers (fries for me) after Evan found me while using Emily's phone (which we still have lol) and then had to walk at least a mile back home. It was definitely quite a night. I woke up at 11:30 because we went to bed at 3:30 in the morning!

I have a feeling we are becoming regulars at La Sifoneria. This was the 3rd time we had been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment