Friday, November 4, 2011

Things I miss/don't miss about the USA

-I miss stick deodorant, the spray kind really just isn't cutting it.
-I miss sunscreen that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and doesn't leave you feeling greasy.
-I miss hot water that is reliable.
-I MISS MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!
-I miss my cooking utensils.
-I miss my dishwasher.
-I miss thrift stores because for some reason they don't seem to exist here.
-I miss seeing the mountains all around me.
-I miss stores being open on Sundays and from 1-5 every other day.

-I don't miss my car.
-I don't miss riding my bike in the sweltering heat to the farmers market, but instead walking 10 minutes. Oh yeah, and it is Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday!
-I don't miss crappy Humboldt county public transit, because the bus system rocks here!
-I don't miss school.
-I don't miss speaking English all the time. It is great to practice my Spanish everyday!

So the moral of this post is that if you come to visit bring me some Old Spice deodorant and some Neutrogena sunscreen! And then we will go post up on the top of my building and check out the beautiful view of the mountains and the ocean!


No comments:

Post a Comment