Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Redding

So I have been hanging out in Redding since last Friday the 16th and I have an amazing tan! I'm probably going to leave tomorrow and head back to Laytonville for a couple days before Evan and I head to Arcata for a couple days to hang out with some friends. Hopefully Harmony and Ean are going to come over to Arcata for a day to hang out while we are there and I can finally meet him!

I have gotten a lot done while I have been here: I cleaned out all of my high school stuff out of my room at my dad's house so he can make it into an office so instead of having all of his bills and crap in the ktichen, have them in the office. I moved my tiny little twin bed into Alex's room so he can have a queen sized bed and set up the futon in that room and it looks very nice.

I picked a bunch of plums and apples to take back to Laytonville and I froze a bunch of plums for some free, local produce in the winter once I have a place to live again. It's so hot here and I am definitely not used to it but it has been so nice swimming almost everyday!

Harm and I hung out with Grant Ditzler last night for the first time in like 2 years, which was really fun. It was good to catch up. We had lots of good discussions about legalization of marijuana lol.

I am kind of excited for the drive back to Laytonville so I can stop at all the roadside stands and buy fresh fruits and vegetables! On the way to Redding I bought 5 ears of corn, 4 bell peppers, and 3 tomatoes for 3 dollars!!! And they were all delicious!

So my parents are dating. Which is really weird but Alex and I are trying to get used to it. This is probably the most affectionate I have ever seen them as long as I can remember. I think they are learning how to have fun with each other again and it is very good for them to have their own houses and own space to go back to. They are going to Lake Almanor tomorrow and I'm trying to decide if I want to stay because Alex is going to have a party my dad's house and it might be fun to party with all of his friends that I still think of as little 12 year olds lol. But I'm kinda tired and ready to have a little bit of down time. I don't really feel like drinking either tomorrow. I still feel a little worn out from Harm and I's lembas and beer night that lasted until four in the morning lol.

I am going kayaking with the family tonight at Whiskeytown tonight and I am excited because I love kayaking! I have had a lot of fun here but I am really lame and I miss Evan a lot and I really want to see him. I don't know what I'm going to do if we ever have to go longer than 2 weeks without seeing each other lol. What happened to my ideals about being independent??? I guess that's what happens when you fall in love.

I rarely ever watch TV but being here in Redding I saw a comercial for the 100% electric car that Nissan just came out with called "The Leaf". I have decided that when my Camry dies I want an all electric car! It costs something crazy like 3 dollars to "fill up your tank"(charge the battery from empty to full). Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment