Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back fr om So-Cal

I'm back and it feels so good to breathe air without smog and drink water that doesn't taste like ass! Of course we got back and there were dead animal parts all over the house because Evan's parents went to Vegas while we were gone.

My little cousins are so big now it's crazy! They are 3 and 5 and I got to watch Sophia's preschool graduation (which was a bit over the top and very long but still fun to watch).

We watched a lot of World Cup soccer games while we were there, which was pretty fun because my family is wayyy into soccer.

On 4th of July we biked down to the beach and went to the bars, which was really fun and scary because So-Cal is not bike friendly and there were thousands of people walking and biking, but luckily no accidents. My bike had metal saddle bags on the back and everytime I would get off the bike I would bang my knee on them and it is quite bruised now. It didn't feel too bad at the time because I was under the influence of alcohol but it is still sore today.

I really have fun everytime I visit my family down south because they are way fun to be around but they hardly ever make it up north to visit us so it's starting to get a little old and annoying everytime we go down there because it is so one-sided. My cousin is having her baby in October and we will go down for Thanksgiving and I almost don't want to just because I am sick of being the ones to travel and see them.

I just heard that John Brickner died a few days ago and I am so sad because he was such a huge influence on the soccer community in Redding. He taught me how to referee and pretty much ran indoor soccer out at Big League Dreams. He was such a kind, warm, and funny person and a very good teacher. He will be missed so much. I'm glad I can make it to his memorial on the 18th of July and visit my family and hopefully Harmony too while I'm down there.

I got a camera when I was in So-Cal and I can't wait to try it out now that I have a memory card in it! We will see if I can figure out how to post some pictures on here again.

There are so many strawberries up here at Evan's house right now, it is a very delicious time of year!

We were watching the Spain v. Germany game (go Spain!) and one of the cats brought in a rabbit it had caught, which was like half of it's size! Of course the cats are so lazy that they didn't even eat it and it was way too small for us to try and eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment