Friday, July 30, 2010

Gardening/food

I made a delicious sandwich today! It was made with rye bread, mustard, goat cheese and cucumber from the Laytonville farmers market, and tomatos and basil from the garden! i love food that is in season!

I also spent good amount of time today waging war on the Concord grade and blackberries that are trying to take over the garden. Next on the list is trying to find a space to fit the rest of the tomato plants in the beds.

Foud some cool puffball mushrooms today! The name describes exactly how they disperse their spores.

I must say, I am getting a little bit excited for school to start and to keep on learning more about botany, not to mention so awesome field trips with the botany major kids and other friends!

It's going to suck though because I am only going to see Evan on the weekends, which sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am wayyy too used to seeing hm everyday. Not even close to being sick of him lol. Once the construction season is over that will change though luckily.

No comments:

Post a Comment